Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas, one and all.

It occurs to me, as we approach this Holiday, that much of what Christmas means to most Americans revolves around children. Whether that be the enduring symbolism of the Christ child, or the countless parents being reunited with their grown children and young grandchildren during the holidays, or all the things that we all do to make this season special for the children in our lives. It’s all about the children. As it ever was, I'm glad to say, so it remains.

And it got me to thinking about my own children, as well as the children and grandchildren of my loved ones, near and far. I pondered the legacy, as well as the world we will leave to them and their descendants.

It seems to me that I’ve spent a great deal of time on my blog talking about the ills of the world that we live in, and the evils that we endure. In the context of the future that we bequeath to the next generations, it’s apparent to me that thus far, we as a society have not done such a good job of securing the future for our posterity.

So my hope for this blessed season, and the coming years ahead, is that we as a nation, and as a world, pursue a path that ensures peace and prosperity for generations to come. That perhaps, just perhaps, we can mold a future worthy of those that will continue long after we pass beyond the fragile limits of this physical world. And that our children, and our children’s children, will continue to pass that torch to future generations, and strive to make the world even better for the generations yet to come.

And to those that I love, past, present, and future... I wish for you nothing less than a very peaceful and blessed Christmas, and a bright, prosperous, and healthy New Year.

God Bless.

Marlipern

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger Country Squire said...

Marli,

A very Merry Christmas to you and your's as well as a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

 
At 9:01 AM, December 26, 2006, Blogger Colette said...

My dear brother,

It was wonderful getting to spend time with you, your wonderful family and my other brother for Yule.

Thanks for having us to dinner, and thanks for being such a wonderful brother, husband and dad - you make us all proud.

You eloquence and invocation for a more peaceful nation/world are indeed a very noble cause and one we should all take to heart (mind and soul as well).

Blessings as always,
C -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home