Thursday, June 01, 2006

More cowardly attacks on President Carter

Back on May 23rd, I had posted and entry regarding an effort to censure former President Jimmy Carter. I minced no words when describing the lowlifes who were behind these ridiculous antics.

Well, apparently I got the attention of one Mr. Robert Dixon, Executive Director of the right-wing propaganda machine behind this effort, MoveAmericaForward.org. Mr. Dixon was kind enough to put me on the mailing list for their slimy propaganda. Here's what I received last night in my e-mail:


Fox News Reports on Carter – Bin Ladin Ties

Today, Wednesday May 31st, Fox News Channel's "The Big Story w/ John Gibson” reported that former President Jimmy Carter's "Carter Center" in Atlanta, Georgia has received over $1,000,000 in funding from the family of Osama Bin Ladin. The information was collected by the Censure Carter Committee - a project of the pro-troop non-profit group, Move America Forward.


Watch The Fox News Segment Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYegJHEWjKU



Sign the Censure Carter Petition - HERE



FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.CensureCarter.com

E-Mail: info@CensureCarter.com
Phone: (916) 441-6197




Well, I couldn't let this one go by, so I emailed Mr. Dixon back:

Gee Robert, would you like me to remind you of the
close ties between the Bush family and the Bin Laden
family.

Guess you overlooked that little fact.

As usual, all you are spouting is typical, mindless,
neocon drivel. Perhaps the chronically unintelligent
on the right just eats up this crap, but you are
insulting the intelligence of the majority of
Americans.

Good luck with your slime campaign.



Dixon was gracious enough to send me a reply:

If you watched the link included in the e-mail you would see we are
very aware of that connection. Thanks for seeing the exact point we are
trying to make.



Finally, here is my reply to Mr. Dixon's latest email:

So I guess your point is that it's OK for the Bush
family to be in bed with the Bin Ladens, but not
kosher for the Carter Center to (allegedly) receive
money from the Bin Laden family?

I did watch the video. It's funny how Melanie says "I
have the papers right here", suggesting she has dug up
some legitimate information on the Bin Laden
contributions. Quite frankly, anybody can ruffle some
papers and say "I have the proof right here", without
submitting the supposed "evidence" for scrutiny. I
certainly wouldn't put an underhanded tactic like that
above a political hack like Melanie Morgan.

So I would challenge you to prove your case by making
those alleged documents public, and let the American
people be the judge. I think you underestimate the
intelligence of the American people if you think
they'll swallow your propaganda hook, line and sinker
without proof of the validity of your claims. We've
been burned entirely too much by neocon lies, we're
not as trusting as we used to be.

I also find it hilarious that you are still so pissed
at Michael Moore and his movie, and Russ Feingold and
his censure resolution, that you have to stoop to new
lows by sliming a great American like President Jimmy
Carter in a pathetic attempt to retaliate against
Michael Moore and Russ Feingold.

Once upon a time in this country, an honorable man
would have the courage and the morality to take issue
directly with someone he had a disagreement with, he
wouldn't attack an innocent third party in an attempt
to "get at" his opponent.

I see no difference between your cowardly slime
campaign against President Jimmy Carter and President
Bush's cowardly act of "outing" Valerie Plame to get
back at Ambassador Joe Wilson. It just demonstrates
that both the current occupant of the White House, and
the political hacks who support him have no honor.

I was hoping that at some time, the Republican party
would develop some moral fortitude, if for no other
reason than for political survival. I guess I was
asking too much.

In the end, antics like those of your organization
will backfire. The American people are smart enough to
see these acts for what they are. And as a result,
your party will lose credibility, loyalty, and
ultimately, lose any semblance of power in American
politics.

When that happens, give yourself and Melanie a pat on
the back for a job well done.



I just thought I'd share this with everyone, to show the kind of irresponsible propaganda MoveForwardAmerica.org is spewing.

Let's keep these clowns on their toes & show them for what they are, every chance we get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home