Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I thought I'd send my Senator a friendly little note.

I decided I'd execise my civic duty and send a letter to one of my elected representatives, Senator Mike DeWine of Ohio. What do you think....

Dear Senator DeWine,

I felt that I should write to you regarding an issue of great concern to me. You are one of my Senators, and I felt you should hear the concerns of one of your constituents.

The recent revelations in the media about a deal to sell control of 21 (NOT 6) U.S. ports to a U.A.E. controlled company has many Americans alarmed, myself included. It's very disturbing to me that the current administration is willing to put our national security at risk by turning over control of these ports to a country that has a very questionable record on terrorism issues. I also have serious concerns regarding the relationships that have, and may continue to exist between this U.A.E. company, DP World, and members of the administration; including Secretary of the Treasury John Snow and appointee to the Maritime Administration of the Department of Transportation, David C. Sanborn. Finally, it is very troubling that the administration has not been terribly forthcoming in providing information on the review of this deal, and has threatened to veto any legislation blocking it, while at the same time claiming they didn't know about it.

Having said all that, I'd like to sincerely request that you support this deal vigorously, and as publicly as possible. After all, you've been very loyal in your support of this President in the past, so I feel you should be consistent in your actions. That way, in advance of the mid-term elections, your voting constituents can get a real feel for the type of patriot you are, consistently putting party before country. Given your track record, I'm sure you won't disappoint me.

Don't worry Senator, when you lose in November I'm sure you'll receive plenty of high paying job offers. Who knows, perhaps you can go to work for a huge transportation company in Dubai.

Sincerely,...

I don't know, d'ya think I was too polite?

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...last summer's political firestorm in the U.S. over China National Offshore Oil Corp.'s (CEO ) $18.5 billion bid for Unocal. CNOOC dropped its bid last August after the U.S. House of Representatives effectively blocked the deal by referring it to the Bush Administration for a national security review. California-based Chevron (CVX ) ended up bagging Unocal -- and plenty in Beijing came away convinced the U.S. doesn't always live up to the free-market rhetoric it broadcasts to the rest of the world." Wenran Jiang
Business Week Online
FEBRUARY 27, 2006

Wonder why China got blocked but Bush threatens to veto Congress blocking Dubai/port deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home