Sunday, October 08, 2006

A civil discourse, in an uncivilized world...

An old and dear friend of mine was kind enough to remind me what this is all about the other day. He reminded me of what my original intent was when I started this whole thing.... A fair, open and truthful exchange of ideas. My thanks to you, Country Squire, for putting it back in some perspective for me.

It seems that in recent times, my passions have gotten the best of me. While my intentions have been to point out both the failings of this administration, it's apologists, and it's even more extreme "base"; as well as my own take on where we are, where we are going, and where we should be going; my posts have been unnecessarily incendiary, and that serves no one.

I will try to make it a point to ratchet down the thermostat on my rantings, and turn this blog of mine back into what I had originally intended, a dialogue, not a monologue.

In the meantime, I would encourage readers to check out Squire's blog as well. While you may, or may not agree with what he has to say, he does a much better job than the talking heads in eloquently expressing a viewpoint from the right. He can be found at http://country-squire.blogspot.com/ I'll have his site in my links from here on out.

I challenged Squire to offer up some real "ideas" from the right, since I've accused that side of the aisle of not really having any. He was kind enough to oblige, so I will in kind offer up some ideas from the dreaded "liberal"/"progressive" viewpoint, as well as offer up my take on his list. I'll post that in my next entry. I think this will be an interesting exchange of ideas, and I hope it will get people thinking about the issues.

Stay tuned...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home